In order to withdraw to a new cryptocurrency address from your Kraken account, you must first add and confirm it. Here is how to do that:
1. Log in to your Kraken account, navigate to ‘Funding’ > ‘Withdrawal’, and select the digital asset/cryptocurrency you wish to withdraw from the asset list on the left.
2. Obtain the cryptocurrency address that you intend to send the funds to. Always double-check the address is correct by copy and pasting the exact address (never type in an address by hand). Note that different cryptocurrencies may share the same address format, so make sure you are sending to the right type of address as well.
3. Click on the ‘Add Address’ button to input the new withdrawal address.
4. Enter a unique ‘Description’ for the address (e.g. “Mum's Bitcoin savings”, “My Ethereum vault”, etc) to help you remember what the address is used for.
5. Enter the deposit address by copying and pasting the entire address into the ‘Address’ field. Then click ‘Save Address’.
6. You will receive an email request to verify the newly added withdrawal address. After clicking on the verification link, you will then be able to use this address to make withdrawals from your Kraken account.
There is also a link in this email to lock your Kraken account, in case an attacker has compromised your Kraken account and is trying to add their own withdrawal address to steal your funds. Only click this ‘Lock Account’ link if you did not authorise the addition of this withdrawal address.
7. Congratulations! You are now able to make a withdrawal to this address!