To deposit any of the available digital assets and cryptocurrencies, follow the below steps:
1. Navigate to ‘Funding’ > ‘Deposit’ and click on the cryptocurrency you wish to deposit from the list on the left side of your screen.
2. Read the instructions carefully.
3. Make sure that the cryptocurrency deposit you wish to make fulfils the minimum deposit requirements specified on the page. Also, double-check that you are sending the right kind of digital asset to the right kind of address as transactions sent to the wrong address may not be recoverable.
4. If it is your first time depositing, then you will have to generate a new deposit address. Click the ‘Generate New Address’ button.
5. After adding a deposit address, select, copy, and paste the address and the generated ‘destination tag’ or ‘memo’ if required into the wallet from which the funds will be sent. Do not type the address by hand. Alternatively, you can also use the provided ‘QR code’, or ‘Launch’ your device’s default wallet client if the option is available
6. Once you have initiated a valid transaction from your wallet, the deposit will be credited to your account when the minimum number of required confirmations has been reached.
Accounts verified to Tier 1 or above have the option of cryptocurrency funding.
The only way for a deposit address to be removed is for it to expire. Valid transactions sent to an expired deposit address can still be credited minus a fee.
Tokens resulting from ICOs that are assigned to deposit addresses on Kraken are not recoverable.