Before being able to deposit any digital assets or cryptocurrencies, your account must first be verified to the Starter level or higher.
Once you're verified, you can deposit any of the supported digital assets and cryptocurrencies by following these steps:
1. Navigate to ‘Funding’
2. Click the "Deposit" button.
3. Search the currency you wish to deposit and click on it.
4. If it is your first time depositing, then you will have to generate a new deposit address. Click the ‘Generate deposit address’ button.
5. Carefully read the deposit requirements & warnings provided on each individual currencies deposit page.
6. Click the copy icon, and paste the address (and if applicable, other details*) into the wallet from which the funds will be sent. Do not type the address by hand.
*For certain cryptocurrencies, you will need to include more details than just the address:
- Ripple (XRP) deposits need a ‘destination tag’
- Lumens (XLM) deposits need a 'memo'
- EOS deposits need a 'memo'
Alternatively, you can also use the provided ‘QR code’. IMPORTANT: If you use the QR code for XRP and XLM ensure the tag/memo is included. For EOS, the memo will need to be manually typed in by the client.
8. Once you have initiated a valid transaction from your wallet, the deposit will be credited to your account when the minimum number of required confirmations has been reached.
- If you didn't include the correct tag or memo, please send in a support ticket here
- The only way for a deposit address to be removed is for it to expire. Valid transactions sent to an expired deposit address can still be credited minus a fee.
Sending cryptocurrencies from other exchanges
Below are links to support articles (not created by Kraken) from a variety of exchanges that our clients have found helpful when sending funds to Kraken:
Binance: How to Withdraw from Binance
Bithumb: Virtual asset deposit/withdrawal
Bitmex: WIthdrawal Page
Bitstamp: How to withdraw Bitcoin
Bittrex: How can I withdraw my coins?
Coinbase: How to send and receive cryptocurrency
Gate.io: How to Withdraw
HITBTC: How to withdraw funds
Huobi: How to withdraw coins
Liquid: How do I withdraw crypto?
Poloniex: How to Withdraw