Before being able to deposit any digital assets or cryptocurrencies, your account must first be verified to the Starter level or higher.
Some cryptocurrencies can be sent via multiple different networks. Make sure you are using a network and cryptocurrency we support so that funds are not lost.
- Sign in to your Kraken account and navigate to Funding.
- Click the Deposit button.
- Search for the currency you wish to deposit and click on it.
- If it is your first time depositing, then you will have to generate a new deposit address. Click the Generate deposit address button.
- Carefully read the deposit requirements and warnings provided on each individual currencies deposit page.
- Click the copy icon, and paste the address (and if applicable, other details*) into the wallet from which the funds will be sent. Do not type the address by hand.
*For certain cryptocurrencies, you will need to include more details than just the address:
- Ripple (XRP) deposits need a ‘destination tag’ tag’
- Lumens (XLM) deposits need a 'memo' if you do not use a muxed address
- Stacks (STX) deposits need a 'memo'
- EOS deposits need a 'memo'
Alternatively, you can also use the provided ‘QR code’. IMPORTANT: If you use the QR code for STX, XRP and XLM ensure the tag/memo is included. For EOS, the memo will need to be manually typed in.
- Once you have initiated a valid transaction from your wallet, the deposit will be credited to your account when the minimum number of required confirmations has been reached.
- If you didn't include the correct tag or memo, please submit a support request.
- The only way for a deposit address to be removed is for it to expire. Valid transactions sent to an expired deposit address can still be credited minus a fee.
Sending cryptocurrencies from other exchanges
Below are links to support articles (not created by Kraken) from a variety of exchanges that our clients have found helpful when sending funds to Kraken: