This article is for clients using the Kraken interface (kraken.com).
Before being able to deposit any digital assets or cryptocurrencies, your account must first be verified to the Intermediate level or higher.
- 1Sign in to your Kraken account and click on the Deposit button on the home page.
- 1You can also navigate to the Deposit page by clicking on the Transfer tab on the left hand side of the page.
- 2Search for the crypto you wish to deposit and click on it.
- 3If it is your first time depositing, then you will have to generate a new deposit address. Click the Generate deposit address button.
- 4Carefully read the deposit requirements and warnings provided on each individual currencies deposit page.
- 5Click the copy icon, and paste the address (and if applicable, other details*) into the platform or wallet from which the funds will be sent. Do not type the address by hand.*For certain cryptocurrencies, you will need to include more details than just the address:Alternatively, you can also use the provided ‘QR code’. IMPORTANT: If you use the QR code for STX, XRP and XLM ensure the tag/memo is included. For EOS, the memo will need to be manually typed in.
- 6Once you have initiated a valid transaction from your wallet, the deposit will be credited to your account when the minimum number of required confirmations has been reached.
Sending cryptocurrencies from other exchanges
Below are links to support articles (not created by Kraken) from a variety of exchanges that our clients have found helpful when sending funds to Kraken: