Global Settings Lock
If you are having trouble modifying your address or uploading documents to your account please try turning off your GSL (Global Settings Lock) and try again.
After signing up for an account, your account has to be verified before you can use funding methods or start trading.
Laws and regulations require that we verify your account by asking who you are and where you live. Kraken takes every measure to prevent fraud and be fully compliant with KYC and AML regulations for trading of cryptocurrencies.
We offer different levels* of verification for your account - Starter, Express, Intermediate and Pro.
*Depending on your country of residence, you may or may not be able to deposit or withdraw crypto or cash regardless of verification level. See our Support articles on geographic restrictions and cash funding availability.
- Learn about our verification levels and find the right one for you.
- For Intermediate (and Pro) verification, know our:
- For Pro verification, see our:
- Personal account with Pro limits application article
- Business account with Pro limits application article