A YubiKey is a hardware device that can be used as a Two-factor Authentication (2FA) method on your Kraken account for sign-in, funding (deposits & withdrawals), and as a Master Key, to provide another layer of account security.
How to set up a YubiKey on Kraken
1. Make sure your YubiKey meets our compatibility requirements.
2. Go to the Security page of your account
- Sign in to your Kraken account.
- Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click on "Security".
- Click the "OFF/ON" dial or "Change method" under the desired function (Sign-In, Funding, or Master Key).
4. Select the “YubiKey” button.
5. Insert your YubiKey into an available USB port on your machine, wait a few seconds then touch or tap your YubiKey.
6. When prompted, touch or tap your YubiKey again to confirm. This will register your YubiKey to your Kraken account.
8. Congratulations, you have secured your Kraken account!
- If you set up Sign-In 2FA, "YubiKey" will be shown as the method.
- If you set up Funding 2FA or Master Key 2FA, the "On/Off" dial will be toggled to the on position (to the right).
- In all cases, "YubiKey" will be shown as the method.