A Yubikey is a hardware device that can be used as a Two-factor Authentication (2FA) method on your Kraken account for login, deposits & withdrawals, and as a Master Key, to provide another layer of account security.
How to set up a Yubikey on Kraken
1. Make sure your Yubikey meets our compatibility requirements.
2. Go to the Security page of your account
- Login to your Kraken account.
- Click on your profile icon in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click on "Security".
- Click the "OFF/ON" dial under the desired function (Login, Deposits & Withdrawals, Trading, or Master Key).
4. Click on the “SET IT UP” button for “Yubikey”.
5. Insert your Yubikey into an available USB port on your machine.
6. Place the cursor in the empty field. Touch or tap your Yubikey. The empty field will be filled by the Yubikey.
7. Place the cursor in the empty field a second time. Touch or tap your Yubikey. This will register your Yubikey to your Kraken account.
8. Congratulations, you have secured your Kraken account!
- If you set up Login 2FA, a gray lock icon will appear.
- If you set up Funding 2FA, Trading 2FA, or Master Key 2FA, a purple "ON" icon will appear.
- In both cases, "Yubikey" will be shown as the method.