The Global Settings Lock is a security feature that locks and prevents changes from being made to any of the settings on your Kraken account and hides sensitive information from view, all for a user-determined amount of days. If enabled, an attacker who compromises a Kraken account is unable to modify the account, add withdrawal addresses, or change the email address registered on the account.
For more information on the Global Settings Lock, click here.
How to set up the Global Settings Lock (GSL)
1. Log in to your Kraken account.
2. Click on the ‘Settings’ tab, and the click on “Account”.
3. Locate the "Global Settings Lock" at the bottom of the page and click the "On" button, which will turn green.
4. Set the amount of days that you want the Global Settings Lock to be active for, by manually entering a number from 0-30.
5. Click the green "Update Settings" button, enabling the Global Settings Lock and completing the set up.
Security Tip: A Master key has the ability to turn the Global Settings Lock off at any time. If you choose to set the Global Settings Lock on your account for ‘0’ days, the Global Settings Lock will remain ‘on’ indefinitely and the Master key will be required to turn it off.