If you are seeing the messages with the words ('rate limited' , 'temporarily banned', 'access denied', etc.) these are Cloudflare errors. Please see our common fixes for Cloudflare errors.
If you can't sign in to your account, this most likely means you are entering the wrong username, password or two-factor authentication. It is also possible that there is an issue with your browser. Common fixes to browser issues can be found here.
Here are the steps you can take to troubleshoot your sign-in.
Make sure that you are entering the correct username.
To get a username reminder:
- Go to Sign In > "Trouble signing in?" > "Remembering my Username"
- Enter your Kraken account email.
- Check your email for the username reminder.
If you don't receive the username reminder message in your registered email, you either provided an incorrect email address, or the email may be in your spam folder.
Note: If your username is common and easy to guess or if you've made it public, then your account might have been locked due to an attempted credential stuffing attack. In this case, you will need to contact client support.
Make sure that you are entering the correct password. We recommend using a reputable password manager to keep your passwords safe from theft or forgetfulness.
To reset your password:
- Go to Sign In > "Trouble signing in?" > "Resetting my password"
- Enter your Kraken account email and username.
- Check your email for the password reset link.
- Be sure to enter your Master Key if you have one set on the account.
- If you did not set a Master Key, leave the field blank.
- If you have a Master Key enabled but don't remember it, a password reset will not be possible. You will need to contact client support.
Note: The password reset link expires 2 hours after it is sent and can only be used once. For security reasons, if you failed the password reset method you will have to wait 8-12 hours to request again.
If you don't receive the password reset email, either you provided the incorrect information (email address or username) or the reset email may be in your spam folder.
3. Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
If you are using an Authenticator app, make sure the time on the device is set to automatic.
You can bypass two-factor authentication only if you have created a Master Key. So if you have a problem with two-factor authentication and didn't create a Master Key (or if you can't remember or access your Master Key) you will need to contact client support.
To bypass your Two-Factor Authentication:
- Go to Sign In > "Trouble signing in?" > "My Sign-in 2FA method"
- Enter your Kraken account email, username, and your master key (required) to request the bypass code.
- Check your email for the bypass code.
- Return to Sign In page, enter your username and password and select sign in.
- Select > "I have a 2FA bypass code"
- Remove your old Two-Factor Authentication and create a new one once you have regained access to your account.
If you do not receive the 2FA bypass code email, you either provided the incorrect information (wrong email address, username, or master key) or the Two-factor bypass code email may be in your spam folder.
4. Browser Issues
If our status page is showing everything as operational and yet you still experience issues with our site, like 404 errors or blank pages, it's likely the issue is with your web browser.
Here are some steps to troubleshoot browser issues:
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies from 'All Time'. (Click Chrome in the top left corner > Clear Browsing Data > Clear Data)
- Ensure that your browser is up to date. (Most browser updates can be found with a simple google search.)
- If these steps do not help, try using your browser's Incognito/Privacy/Private Mode or try another browser. Our website is designed to work with most current web browsers (this does not include Internet Explorer).
Please refer to our browser troubleshooting article for more information.
5. Account Access Issues form
If the instructions don't resolve the issue, please complete the ‘Account Access Issues’ form so that our security team can investigate further.