If you can't log into your account, this probably means that you're entering the wrong username, password, or two-factor authentication.
Here are the steps you can take to troubleshoot your login.
Make sure that you are entering the correct username.
To get a username reminder:
- Go to Log In > "Forgot Username?"
- Enter your Kraken account email.
- Check your email for the username reminder.
If you don't receive the username reminder message in your registered email, you either inputted an incorrect email address, or the email may be in your spam folder.
Make sure that you are entering the correct password. We recommend using a reputable password manager to keep your passwords safe from theft or forgetfulness.
To reset your password:
- Go to Log In > "Forgot Password?"
- Enter your Kraken account email and username.
- Check your email for the password reset link.
- Be sure to enter your Master Key if you have one set on the account.
- If you did not set a Master Key, leave the field blank.
- If you have a Master Key enabled but don't remember it, a 2FA bypass will not be possible. You will need to contact client support.
Note: The password reset link expires 2 hours after it is sent and can only be used once. For security reasons, if you failed the password reset method you will have to wait 8-12 hours to request again.
If you don't receive the password reset email, either you inputted the incorrect information (email address or username), or the reset email may be in your spam folder.
3. Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
If you are using an Authenticator app, make sure the time on the device is set to automatic.
You can bypass two-factor authentication only if you have created a Master Key. So if you have a problem with two-factor authentication and didn't create a Master Key (or if you can't remember or access your Master Key) you will need to contact client support.
To bypass your Two-Factor Authentication:
- Go to Log In > "Two factor authentication unavailable?"
- Enter your Kraken account email, username, and your master key (required).
- Check your email for the bypass code.
- Remove your old Two-Factor Authentication and create a new one once you have regained access to your account.
If you do not receive the 2FA bypass code email, you either inputted the incorrect information (wrong email address, username, or master key), or the Two-factor bypass code email may be in your spam folder.
If you still cannot access your account after performing the steps above, contact client support for further assistance.