This article is for clients using the Kraken Classic interface.
For enhanced security, debit and credit card purchases using USD will experience the 72 hour lock discussed above on all purchases, not just your first purchase.
In order to withdraw cryptocurrencies from your Kraken account, you must first add and confirm the withdrawal address. Then, to withdraw, follow these steps:
- 1Sign in to your Kraken account and navigate to Funding.
- 2Click the Withdraw button.
- 3Search for the currency you wish to withdraw and then click on it.
- 4Select a previously added address or click the Add Address ("Add account" for EOS) button to add and confirm a new one.
- 5Enter the amount you would like to withdraw in the Amount field or click the percent of your account balance in that specific currency. Make sure the amount is greater than the minimum listed directly under this field and click Withdraw.
- 6Double check that all of the information is correct and then click Withdraw.
- 7If you are asked for an authenticator app code, then you have 2FA for funding enabled on your account and would need to use the 2FA you set up for funding (this is different from your Sign-in 2FA).
- 8If your withdrawal is successful you will see a confirmation with your withdrawal Details on the right side box, along with the status of the withdrawal.Note: You will not receive an email confirmation for the withdrawal. You can keep track of your withdrawal status by viewing your recent transactions under the Funding tab.
You may receive an error message or not be able to withdraw for the following reasons:
Always be careful when withdrawing cryptocurrencies:
- Once a withdrawal has been sent and marked as "Success" in your Kraken account, it is impossible to cancel or reverse the transaction.
- It is not possible to transfer cryptocurrencies to another Kraken account.
- Some cryptocurrencies can be sent via multiple different networks. Make sure you are sending through a network we support so that funds are not lost.
- Do not participate in an ICO or token sale directly from your Kraken account — the tokens received will be irretrievable.