This article details how to generate an API key pair for trading futures contracts.
In order to use the API, you need to generate a pair of unique API keys:
- 2Click on your name on the upper-right corner.
- 3Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- 4Select the Create Key tab in the API panel.
- 5There are two options when generating API keys with differing levels of access:General API:
- No Access: This key does not allow any access to any endpoints. (This option could be selected if you only wanted a key with access to withdraw digital assets).
- Read Only: This is a read-only key and allows accessing only endpoints that do not write to the server.
- Full Access: This is a master key and allows accessing all endpoints, excluding digital asset withdrawals.
- No Access: This key does not allow access to digital asset withdrawals.
- Full Access: This key allows access to digital asset withdrawals.
- 6Press the Create Key button.
- 7View your Public and Private keys and record them somewhere safe.Your api_key (Public key):
Example rRra59qKQs3y1egAgSaG0RJlBcbq97wTUXSxXxPdhRZdv7z9ijZRWgrfYour api_secret (Private key): Example rttp4AzwRfYEdQ7R7X8Z/04Y4TZPa97pqCypi3xXxAqftygftnI6H9yGV+O cUOOJeFtZkr8mVwbAndU3Kz4Q+eGThe private key is shown only once! You cannot go back and view it again later.
API keys should be kept in a safe location and should never be shared with anyone.
If you are not absolutely certain that you can store your API private key in a safe place, do not generate it.
Up to 50 keys can be created with distinct nonces.