The Global Settings Lock (GSL) is a security feature that:
- 1Prevents changes from being made to your Kraken account.
- 2Hides sensitive account information.
For more information on the Global Settings Lock, click here.
Important: Before setting up a GSL, be sure to create a Master Key in case you change your mind. A Master Key has the ability to turn the GSL off at any time. Kraken support is unable to expedite the GSL unlock process.
Note: While the Master Key override option can be convenient, it comes with an increased security risk if your Master Key is compromised.
How to set up the Global Settings Lock (GSL)
- 2Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the page.
- 3Click on Security > Global Settings Lock
- 4Set the required waiting period to unlock the GSL without a Master Key.
- 5Click the blue Activate Global Settings Lock button, which will enable the Global Settings Lock and complete the set up.
You will be notified via email of any attempted unlock of the GSL on your account. The waiting period is the amount of time you'll have to take action in the event of a compromise. However, it's also the amount of time you'll have to wait yourself if you lose your Master Key (or if you never set one up in the first place).
Warning: The Master Key can only be created before the GSL is turned on. Once GSL is on, you will not be able to create a Master key as that is the entire point of the GSL.
Our support team is unable to assist with GSL removal if the unlock process is set between 1-30 days.