Kraken will endeavor to support the wider update and the new Terra 2.0 token airdrop outlined in the Terra Ecosystem Revival Plan 2.
- This new blockchain will be called Terra 2.0 with the asset name LUNA2.
- The old blockchain will be renamed to Terra classic with the asset name remaining as LUNA. UST will remain UST.
- Clients who have LUNA and UST balances on Kraken during the identified snapshot times will receive the new LUNA2 airdrop. We will be monitoring the Terra classic chain during the snapshot. Funding may be delayed or halted depending on network conditions as Terra 2.0 starts.
- Existing LUNA deposit addresses will continue to work for LUNA and LUNA2 once funding is live.
- Terra 2.0 (LUNA2) trading and funding are now live.
- Distributions for the LUNA2 airdrop have been completed. For additional information on the calculation logic of the airdrop review this medium article by Terra Money.
We will share more details about the concrete steps we are taking such as the details around the airdrop as they are finalized. Updates will be posted on the status page and this support page as these phases progress.
These materials are for general information purposes only and are not investment advice or a recommendation or solicitation to buy, sell, or hold any digital asset or to engage in any specific trading strategy. Some crypto products and markets are unregulated, and you may not be protected by government compensation and/or regulatory protection schemes. The unpredictable nature of the cryptoasset markets can lead to loss of funds. Tax may be payable on any return and/or on any increase in the value of your crypto assets and you should seek independent advice on your taxation position.
Article last updated 3 June 2022 07:00 UTC