Staking eligibility and availability
Before being able to stake, your account must first be verified to the Starter level or higher. To use Off-chain staking, you must satisfy additional eligibility criteria. If you are having trouble staking or receive an error message it may be due to these reasons.
Steps on how to add permissions for the staking API:
- Sign in to your Kraken account.
- Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Navigate to Security and then select API.
- Click Add key.
- Add the desired key permissions by selecting the key permissions corresponding to the desired functionality of the staking API. Further details of each endpoint are discussed in the staking API docs.
Endpoint Key permissions
- Click Generate key.
- Copy the key information to be used for authenticated API calls as described in our documentation.