The Kraken Pro mobile app was built with the active trader in mind. This application can be easily accessed using your existing Kraken.com credentials. Alternatively, you can sign in via a user-generated API key. Without ever sharing your account’s sign-in details, you can securely trade on the go while monitoring full-featured candlestick price charts. Note that signing in via an API key may not allow access to all features of the app.
Deposits and withdrawals are available on the app if you are logged in via your username and password. However, you cannot fund your account if you are logged in via an API key.
- Once you’ve opened the app, you can navigate to the New Order form within both the Markets and Trade tab.
- If you’d like to change the trading pair, tap the current market in the top left.
- Just to the left you can select your desired order type. In this guide we’re placing a buy limit order.
- You can switch between placing buy or sell orders by tapping the respective buttons.
- Within the Amount box, you can define the order for a specific volume of base currency.
- Within Limit Price you can specify the price at which you want a limit order to be fulfilled.
- Within Total we can see the total cost of the order referencing the data points above. If this is filled in before Amount, the Amount box will be automatically filled with the appropriate amount of volume.
- The Available Balance metric is based off of your current balance not currently held within Open Orders however please note this does not take into account funds held in currently open margin positions.
When placing a buy order, the balance requested is the trading pair's quote currency. Vice versa, when placing a sell order the balance requested is the trading pairs base currency.
Swiping up from here will reveal additional order options.
- After you’ve finished filling in your ideal order settings, simply click the green Buy or red Sell button in the bottom right corner.
- You’ll be brought to an Order Review screen where you can double check the order details.
- Swiping up to submit this order will send it off to our trade engine. Once successfully received, you’ll be presented with an Order Created notification.
Additional order options
The conditional close feature is useful for automatically setting a stop loss OR profit target for a spot position on margin when the trade executes.