Step 1: Add account
To add a bank account for JPY withdrawals:
1. Sign in to your Kraken account and navigate to the Funding tab. Tick "Show all assets" or use the Search bar and type JPY or Japanese yen.
2. Then select the "Withdraw" option next to JPY.
3. If you are withdrawing JPY for the first time, you will need to add an account. Click on “Add account”.
4. Fill in your bank account details (all fields are mandatory) and click on "Save bank account”. *The name on the bank account you are withdrawing to matches the name on your Kraken account
**please remove symbols when inputting your account name. For example, “カ）ペーワード” should be “カ ペーワード”
Step 2: Initiate withdrawal
1. Once you are on JPY withdrawal page, you will be presented with withdrawal instructions.
2. Select a bank account to withdraw funds to from the drop-down menu. If you would like to withdraw to another bank account, please follow Step 1 “Add account”.
3. Enter the amount of JPY you wish to withdraw.
*An amount less than ¥1 will be truncated.
*Amount must be greater than the withdrawal minimum of ¥1,250
4. Click on "Review Withdrawal".
5. Double check that all of the information is correct and then click "Confirm withdrawal".
Maximum withdrawal per day
- Intermediate: 10,000,000 JPY（USD$100K）
- Pro (Individual)/Business: 1,000,000,000 JPY (USD$10m）
Your withdrawal will be precessed on the same day.
Under some circumstances, it may take around five business days.
- Withdrawal fee is ¥250 per withdrawal (tax included）
- Reverse transaction (kumimodoshi) fee is ¥880 (tax included）
- You cannot withdraw JPY to an account outside of Japan
The decimal and thousands separators shown in this article may differ from the formats displayed on our trading platforms. Review our article on how we use points and commas for more information.