All first-time fiat currency deposits will result in a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal hold on the account.
In order to access domestic "furikomi" JPY funding, your account must first be verified either intermediate level or higher, and the address on your account must be located in Japan. Non-residents of Japan who wish to access JPY funding may want to consider using Etana.
*At this time, Etana Custody services are not available for citizens nor residents of Japan.
In order to access your funding details, once your account has been verified, please:
1. Navigate to the Funding page.
2. Next to your JPY balance, click Deposit.
3. You will be shown our bank account details, a deposit reference* and other instructions. Please read them carefully in order to avoid any unnecessary delays or errors.
4. Initiate a transaction using the given instructions. To help your deposit go smoothly, go through our deposit checklist** before sending any funds.
* What is a deposit reference code, and why do I need it?
The deposit reference code tells our systems that a deposit is meant for your specific account on Kraken and helps us to automatically assign your deposited funds to your account.
The reference code, followed by last then first names must be entered in the "sender" or "requester" field. If you use your online banking portal in Japanese, this may be called the "ご依頼人名” or something similar. Different banks may use different terms for the name of this field.
The reference code typically would look something like this:
ABCD1234 Nakamoto Satoshi
If your bank limits the number of characters that you can send in a furikomi, please prioritize your reference code.
What happens if you forget to include it?
If a deposit reaches us without a deposit reference, it will have to be manually processed, which may take several days. We may need to ask you to submit documentation proving the deposit was sent from your bank account.
** Deposit Checklist:
- Account ownership: Make sure the name on the bank account you are depositing from matches the name on your Kraken account.
- Deposit memo: Make sure your deposit includes a reference to your Kraken account number as shown in the deposit instructions.
- Deposit minimum: Make sure your deposit is above ¥1,000.
- Deposit limits: Make sure the deposit will not result in you exceeding your daily or monthly deposit limit. Refer to the value indicated as your "Maximum deposit."
- Duplicate deposit amounts: Make sure you don't send multiple deposits with the same amount within three business days of each other. This may result in delays as our system will flag them as possible duplicates. Please use different amounts for each deposit.
- Compatible bank: Make sure you are not depositing from a third-party payments processor.
If you notice any unexpected delays in having funds credited to your Kraken account, see this support article.