We support AUD deposits and withdrawals for Australia-based clients with a valid Australian bank account via traditional bank transfers or the new payment service, Osko.
- Your Kraken account must be verified to the Intermediate or Pro level.
- Your Kraken account must be registered in Australia.
- Your bank or financial institution account must be under the same legal name as your Kraken account.
- Your bank or financial institution must be located in Australia.
Bank transfer (Direct Credit):
Normal transfers between Australian financial institutions using a BSB and your account number.
Osko is a new Australian payment service that allows real time transfers between banks. Nearly all major banks in Australia including Westpac, ANZ, ING, Nab and many more support Osko payments. What this means for Kraken clients is you can make a deposit to your Kraken account and have it deposited within a few minutes.
- Does my bank support Osko Payments?
- You can check on the Osko website whether or not your bank has Osko support by searching your bank and then clicking on your bank name in the search result.
- How do I utilize Osko when making a deposit?
- If your bank supports Osko it will automatically be enabled when making a transfer. Keep in mind that some banks have limits on how much can be transferred using Osko each day. We recommend contacting your bank for further details on their limits.
- What is PayID?
- PayID is another Osko service offered by most major banks which allows clients to send funds using just an email address instead of having to type in an account and BSB number.
Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS):
RTGS is a system for high value payments in Australia. This funding method will allow for high amount transfers to be deposited within minutes. Some banks might advise using this transfer method for large deposit amounts.
Please note we only support deposits via RTGS.
Cut-off time for near instant RTGS deposits is 16:00 Australian Eastern Daylight time (AEDT) for same-day processing.