You are now able to begin the process of claiming your DOT tokens through Kraken. Follow these steps to ensure claimed tokens are sent to your Kraken account:
- If you have not already done so, sign up for a Kraken account.
- Log in to your account and select Funding.
- Under the list of all assets, locate Polkadot (DOT) and select Deposit.
- Select GENERATE NEW ADDRESS.
After you have your deposit address to claim your DOTs:
- Go to https://polkadot.js.org/apps
- Click Accounts > My Contacts > Add contact
- Copy the generated address on your Kraken account and paste it on the polkadot page, give it a nickname/description. Then click “Save”
- Install the MyCrypto App if you haven’t already.
- Go to https://polkadot.js.org/apps/#/claims and from the drop down menu select the Kraken address you added earlier.
- Open up the MyCrypto App and log into your wallet that has your DOT erc20 tokens on either using a hardware wallet, private key, seed etc...
- Select on the MyCrypto App “View & Send”.
- Copy your Ethereum address that has your DOT erc20 tokens on the Mycrypto app, go back to your web browser and paste it on the step 2 of the “Claim Tokens” page. Then click “Continue”
- Click the grey box that appeared to copy the message displayed on the page.
- Go back to your MyCrypto App and select “Sign & Verify Message”
- Paste the message you copied into the “Message” box and then click “Sign Message”
- After signing the message you will see some JSON text. Highlight the json text, right click and copy it.
- Go back to your wen browser and paste the JSON text in the white box, then click “Confirm claim”.
- On the right side of the page a green box will appear. Click on “Claim”. After clicking “Claim” another box will appear having you confirm, you should then click "Submit (no signature)" to complete the process.
- Shortly after you will see the DOT’s “Confirming” on your kraken account at the bottom of the “Funding” page on Kraken. The funds will remain on “Confirming” until transfers are live on the Polkadot mainnet.
If you have any further questions regarding this process you can reach out to our support team here.
Information about claims and more can be found on the Polkadot claims wiki.