One of the most popular uses for our API is to allow a third party service (such as a trading bot, or a crypto portfolio manager, or a mobile app) to access an account and make trades. With this type of third party account access, security is paramount, hence our API takes specific precautions to prevent any sensitive account data from being divulged.
In short, our API provides access to all of the information that is needed to manage the account and make trades, but does not expose any information that could be used to identify an account or the account owner.
The following are some specific details of the information that is available via our API and the information that is restricted:
Depending upon the API key permissions that are enabled, some or all of the following information might be available via the API:
- Account balance and margin status
- Current orders, positions, and trades
- Historical orders, positions, and trades
- Deposit/Withdrawal transactions (only limited information)
- Account history (previous transactions, balance histories, etc.)
Regardless of the API key permissions, the following information is never available via the API:
- Account ID
- Two factor authentication
- Account owner's name
- Contact information (address, email, phone, etc.)
- Verification documents (ID, proof of residence, etc.)
Please fee free to contact our API support team if you have any questions regarding API security, and don't hesitate to contact our Account Security team if you need assistance with your account's security settings.