Clients can now request to link accounts under the same name together in a Master Account and sub-account structure. Linking accounts together has two benefits:
- Volume is grouped together for the Revenue Share Program calculation
- Instantly move funds between Master Account and sub-accounts
How can I add sub-accounts to my Master Account?
To add sub-accounts to your Master Account please complete the following process:
- Create a separate account by entering email address and password here:
- Verify the email address of the new account by following the link sent out after sign up
- Submit a Kraken Futures support ticket from the Master Account email address requesting the accounts to be linked.
- An email will be sent to the sub-account to confirm the linking of the accounts.
- Once confirmed the accounts will be linked
How do I find my sub-account tab?
After complete the above process, you should see 'Subaccounts' as an option on the dropdown in the top right hand corner. Alternatively you can visit https://futures.kraken.com/trade/subaccounts
From here you can see the sub-accounts window:
The transfer dialogue will allow you to move funds as follows:
- Master Account to sub-account
- Sub-account to sub-account
- Sub-account to Master Account
You can move funds to and from the Holding wallet and Futures wallets.
****Please note, any movements to or from the Futures wallet on any account will have an impact on the leverage and liquidation price for any open positions.*****
Important things to note
- API keys are generated and controlled separately on each sub-account
- API Rate Limits are managed separately per account
- Positions are margined on the sub-account level
- Sign-Ins are separate for each sub-account
- Withdrawals from sub-accounts are blocked, clients will need to move funds back to the Master Account in order to withdraw funds out of Kraken Futures
This is a first version of sub-accounts - more functionality will be added over time.