Clients can now request to link accounts under the same name in a Master Account and Sub-Account structure. Linking accounts together has two benefits:
- Volume is grouped together for the Revenue Share Program calculation and Fee Schedule Volumes.
- Funds can be instantly moved between Master Account and the Sub-Accounts.
How can I add Sub-Accounts to my Master Account?
To add Sub-Accounts to your Master Account, please complete the following process:
- Create a separate account on Kraken.com. Once the account is verified.
- Submit a Kraken Futures support ticket from the Master Account email address requesting the accounts to be linked.
- An email will be sent to the Sub-Account to confirm the linking of the accounts.
- Once confirmed the accounts will be linked.
How do I find my Sub-Account tab?
After completing the previous process, you should be able to see 'Subaccounts' as an option on the dropdown in the top-right hand corner. Alternatively, you can visit https://futures.kraken.com/trade/subaccounts
From here you can see the Sub-Accounts window:
The transfer dialogue will allow you to move funds as follows:
- Master Account to Sub-Account
- Sub-Account to Sub-Account
- Sub-Account to Master Account
You can move funds to and from the Holding wallet and Futures wallets.
****Please note, any movements to or from the Futures wallet on any account will have an impact on the leverage and liquidation price for any open positions.*****
Important things to note
- API keys are generated and controlled separately on each Sub-Account.
- API Rate Limits are managed separately per account.
- Positions are margined on the Sub-Account level.
- Sign-Ins are separate for each Sub-Account.
- Withdrawals from Sub-Accounts are blocked, clients will need to move funds back to the Master Account in order to withdraw funds out of Kraken Futures.
This is a first version of Sub-Accounts - more functionality will be added over time.