If you are staking with the Kraken Pro app, follow the steps found in this article.
- Once you are signed in, navigate to Earn at the top of the page.
- Read through the page carefully.
- Click on Stake and then select the asset you would like to stake.
- Input the amount of the asset that you would like to stake and select continue.
- Your funds are now initiated for staking. You will see this entry under Transactions.
- A few minutes later your transaction will go from initiated to Success which means your funds are now staked.
Certain assets have a bonding period, which means that rewards will not begin to accrue to your account until the asset has been staked for a period of time.
- Under Staking assets you will see the amount of rewards you have earned so far and the total amount staked under Total rewards and Staking balance.
- Once you have received your desired amount of rewards you can 'Unstake' (excluding staked ETH or FLOW.H).
At this time assets must be on your Kraken account to stake. It is not currently possible to stake assets with Kraken directly from your wallet such as Trezor or Ledger. You must first deposit funds from your wallet if you wish to stake them with us.
You may receive an error message or not be able to stake for the following reasons:
|Possible issue||How to resolve|
|Your browser is having issues.||
Follow the browser troubleshooting guide.
|You have funding 2FA activated but are entering your sign-in or trade 2FA.||Make sure that you are entering the funding 2FA code.|
You have an open order preventing your funds from being staked.
|Close the order to free the funds to be staked.|
|You have an incomplete account access case.||Please respond to the latest email you received regarding the issue.|
Related support articles: