Looking for Cryptowatch info and tutorials? Check out Cryptowatch Guides.
Kraken Pro is a charting and trading interface based on our premium trading terminal, Cryptowatch. Every market on Kraken can be viewed on Kraken Pro as real-time, customizable price charts with a live trade feed, order book and depth chart to help you visualize market sentiment. You can trade from the same window, draw on the charts and apply overlays and indicators to analyze trends. If you have a Kraken account you can connect to Kraken Pro to start trading right away.
If you're interested in the advanced features found on Cryptowatch, check out this article to find out more.
The Kraken Pro Interface
Below, you can see a Kraken Pro chart for the BTC/USD market on Kraken.com:
1. OHLC Chart: This is the standard chart that many traders will already be familiar with. The appearance and data shown can be changed in the “Chart Style” menu on the toolbar.
2. Indicator Panels: Indicators you select in the Analysis menu will appear here below the price chart. Kraken Pro has a large library of indicators, including standards like Volume and MACD (which appear by default). These tools help you to visually interpret things like the amount of trade activity, the strength of trends, and possible reversal points.
3. History scrollbar: This is like a map of the price chart — by dragging the highlighted area left and right, you can quickly scan backwards and forwards through the current market's price history. There is also an events timeline you can toggle on or off that notes relevant news events above the history scrollbar. The events timeline can be turned on from the settings menu (10 on this list).
4. Toolbar: The buttons and menus found here, from left to right:
- BTCUSD: Markets menu. Clicking this will open a window with every available market on Kraken. You can search for other trading pairs and add markets to your watchlist from here as well.
- 1D: Time period selector. This changes the length of time represented by each candlestick on the price chart. You can select anywhere from 1M (1 minute) to 1W (1 week).
- Star: A gold star indicates that the current market is on your Watchlist. Clicking the star adds or removes it.
- Analysis: This opens the Analysis menu, where you can choose and customize different indicators and overlays. Each tool has a short description, its mathematical formula, and a link to a deeper explanation if you want to learn how to use it.
- Chart Style: This dropdown menu contains various chart styling options.
- Drawing: Drawing tool settings, and a button that erases all drawings.
- Snapshot: Takes a snapshot of a user’s current chart configuration.
- Fullscreen: Makes the interface fullscreen.
- Auto/Manual: This toggles whether the Y-axis automatically adjusts to the current price or if it’s set manually by the user.
5. Drawing Tools: Traders use drawings to help visualize trends, channels, and potential lines of support and resistance. Kraken Pro has an array of Fibonacci tools and simple lines and shapes, but also includes a handy measurement tool and a time-cycles visualizer for the advanced trader.
6. Depth Chart: Market depth refers to the volume of orders available at every price in the order book. The Depth Chart visualizes those orders with bids below, asks above, and the last-traded price in the middle.
7. Order book: The order book for the current trading pair. Bids are below, asks are above and the last-traded price is in the middle. The leftmost column shows the bid/ask price, the middle column shows the volume at that price, and the right column shows the combined volume for all orders up to that price.
8. Watchlist: Displays all the markets on your watchlist. You can select markets by clicking the gold star next to them in the Markets menu (left-most menu on the toolbar) or by clicking the star next to the time-period selector while the market is being viewed. Your watchlist markets also appear above the toolbar.
9. Trade feed: This is a live feed of trades occurring in the current pair by all market participants. Red indicates the trade price was lower than the last trade, while green indicates the trade price was higher than the last trade.
10. Settings/Alerts Menus: Clients can enter their account settings by clicking the gear icon. They can also access their price and volume alerts by clicking the bullhorn icon.
11. Trading form: You can submit orders from this window. If the current market is available for margin trading, you can select leverage and open positions from here as well. The market in the image above is BTC/USD, so up to 5x leverage can be selected.
12. Trading History: Your open orders, past trades, and open positions are shown here. Below is a trading settings menu and the Sync button. If your trade history is delayed, clicking Sync will make Kraken Pro re-read your account, refreshing it.