This guide explains the terms used on the Trade > Overview page of your account, and how they are interrelated.
- If you hold collateral currencies other than USD, your trade balance will fluctuate with exchange rates, which will also affect your equity, free margin, and margin levels.
Equity = trade balance + unrealized profit/loss.
Used Margin = opening cost ÷ leverage.
- Used margin is how much of your trade balance is withheld for open and maintain margin positions.
Free Margin = equity - used margin.
- Free margin is how much room you have for opening new margin positions.
Margin Level = equity ÷ used margin × 100%.
- Margin level is how close your margin positions are to being liquidated. Liquidation happens at our discretion between a margin level of 40% to 80%.
Opening Cost = opening price × open volume.
Current Valuation = current price × open volume.
Profit/Loss = current valuation - opening cost.
- Profit/Loss is how well your margin positions are performing. It does not include trading or margin fees.
Profit/Loss (%) = Profit/Loss ÷ opening cost × 100%.