This guide explains the terms used in the overview of your account. You can access this section by clicking on the Kraken logo in the upper left corner of the interface.
- If you hold collateral currencies other than USD, your trade balance will fluctuate with exchange rates, which will also affect your equity, free margin and margin levels.
Equity = trade balance + unrealized profit/loss
Used Margin = opening cost ÷ leverage
- Used margin is how much of your trade balance is withheld for open and maintaining spot positions on margin.
Free Margin = equity - used margin
- Free margin is how much room you have for opening new spot positions on margin.
Margin Level = equity ÷ used margin × 100
- Margin level is how close your spot positions on margin are to being liquidated.
Opening Cost = opening price × open volume
Current Valuation = current price × open volume
Profit/Loss = current valuation - opening cost
- Profit/Loss is how well your spot positions on margin are performing. It does not include trading or margin fees.
Profit/Loss (%) = Profit/Loss ÷ opening cost × 100