These guidelines are designed to help you create a secure and private username for your Kraken account.
The only purpose of the username is for you to login to your Kraken account in a way that is hard to guess for others. We do not allow login via email because by their nature email addresses are shared with others and thus not private.
You should never share your username with anyone. When discussing your Kraken account with any third-party (an accountant, bank, auditor, tax agency, or even Kraken Support), only use the Public Account ID and beware of phishing scams.
- Minimum length is 5 characters, maximum is 32.
- Can only contain letters, numbers, dashes (-), periods (.), and underscores (_).
- Cannot begin with "Kraken".
Username security recommendations
- Longer usernames are better.
- Do not make it something common, obvious, or easy to guess.
- Do not make it similar to what you use on other websites.
- Do not make it similar to your email address.
Usernames are permanent!
Once created, the username cannot be changed or deleted. So choose carefully and do not include any personal information.
Be sure to also check our password requirements and recommendations.