These guidelines are designed to help you create a secure and private username for your Kraken account.
IMPORTANT: Once created, the username cannot be changed or deleted. So choose carefully and do not include any personal information.
- Minimum length is 5 characters, maximum is 32.
- Can only contain letters, numbers, dashes (-), periods (.), and underscores (_).
- Cannot begin with "Kraken".
Username security recommendations
- Longer usernames are better.
- Do not make it something common, obvious, or easy to guess.
- Do not make it similar to what you use on other websites.
- Do not make it similar to your email address.
Never share your username with anyone. When discussing your account, even with Kraken Support, only use the Public Account ID.
Be sure to also check our password requirements and recommendations.