These guidelines are designed to help you create a secure and private username for your Kraken account.
The only purpose of the username is for you to sign in to your Kraken account in a way that is hard to guess for others. We do not allow sign in via email because by their nature email addresses are shared with others and thus not private.
You should never share your username with anyone. When discussing your Kraken account with a third-party (an accountant, bank, auditor, tax agency, or even Kraken Support), only use the Public Account ID and beware of phishing scams.
Kraken Support is already able to view your username, so they would never ask for it.
2FA Note: When syncing your account with a 2FA app like google authenticator, the app will receive and display Kraken - ‘sign-in/funding/trading’ (username) by default. You can rename this entry anytime in the app settings by selecting the account and editing the name.
- Minimum length is 5 characters, maximum is 32.
- Can only contain letters, numbers, dashes (-), periods (.), and underscores (_).
- Cannot begin with "Kraken".
Username security recommendations
- Longer usernames are better.
- Do not make it something common, obvious, or easy to guess.
- Do not make it similar to what you use on other websites.
- Do not make it similar to your email address.
Usernames are permanent!
Once created, the username cannot be changed or deleted. So choose carefully and do not include any personal information.
Be sure to also check our password requirements and recommendations.