As of January 20, 2020, all first-time fiat deposits will result in a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal lock on the account.
To help your deposit go smoothly, please check the following before sending any funds:
- Account ownership: Make sure the name on the bank account you are depositing from matches the name on your Kraken account.
- Deposit memo: Make sure your deposit includes a reference to your Kraken account number, if required and shown in the deposit instructions. No deposit reference is required for US domestic FedWire transfer deposit method.
- Deposit minimum: Make sure your deposit is above the minimum required amount.
- Deposit limits: Make sure the deposit will not result in you exceeding your daily or monthly deposit limit. Refer to the value indicated as your "Maximum deposit."
- Duplicate deposit amounts: Make sure you don't send multiple deposits with the same amount within 3 business days of each other. This may result in delays as our system will flag them as possible duplicates. Please use different amounts for each deposit.
- Compatible bank: Make sure you are not depositing from a third-party payments processor.
Additional things to check for domestic USD deposits:
- Account type: It is best to deposit from your checking account as savings accounts have a limited amount of transactions that are allowed to occur. Check with your bank if there are any of these limits on your savings account.
- Transfer method: Confirm with your bank whether you are using a FedWire transfer option.
- USD Deposit limits: Make sure the deposit will not result in you exceeding your USD daily or monthly deposit limits.