The In-Person Payment method allows our Canadian clients to quickly fund their Kraken accounts from their nearest Canada Post locations.
In order to access In-Person Payments, your Kraken account must:
- Be registered in Canada
- Be verified to Intermediate or Pro level
- Have an ID Confirmation Photo uploaded
Tip: To avoid your deposit being put on-hold, do not send the exact same amount more than once within 72 hours.
1. Navigate to Funding > Deposit > Canadian Dollars (CAD).
2. Select "In-Person Payments (IPP)" from the drop-down menu:
3. Take a clear photo or screenshot of your QR code.
Important: in order for a QR code to be generated, the phone number on your Kraken account cannot be registered with any other Kraken account.
4. Go to your local Canada Post office and have them scan your QR code.
5. Pay via cash/debit.
6. The funds should reach your Kraken account within 30-60 minutes.
This method is for deposits only. You will not be able to withdraw funds through Canada Post.
The transaction limit is 500 CAD.
Multiple transactions per day are permitted, but the total daily limit is 7,500 USD-equivalent.
Per transaction, Canada Post charges a fee of 3.95 CAD to send the deposit and Kraken charges a fee of 1.25 CAD + 0.25% to receive the deposit.