To create a test account on Kraken Futures:
- Navigate to https://demo-futures.kraken.com/dashboard
- Click 'Sign Up' on the top right corner. A username and password will auto generate.
- Save the username/password in a password manager if you wish to track progress.
- Press 'Complete Signup'.
Funds will be available in the holding wallet which will need to be transferred to the futures wallet for each contract type.
- Click the 'Wallets' icon in the left sidebar on the dashboard.
- Click 'Transfer' on the currency of your choice.
- Enter the amount and trading pair.
- Click 'Submit Transfer'.
Go back to the 'Trading' page and use the 'Order Form' panel to start trading.
For more information regarding transferring funds see our support article here: https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022634112-Transferring-funds-to-your-Trading-Wallet
Note: Demo environments have different maximum position sizes compared to the production platform. Perpetual contract positions are limited to 1,000,000 contracts, and fixed maturity positions are limited to 500,000 contracts. To see the maximum position size and margin requirements for the production platform, please see the Margin Schedule and maximum leverage article.