The Kraken Futures demo platform offers an opportunity to try out the futures exchange without using real money.
To create a test account on Kraken Futures:
- 1Navigate to https://demo-futures.kraken.com/dashboard
- 2Click Sign Up on the top right corner. A username and password will auto generate.
- 3Save the username and password in a password manager if you wish to track progress.
- 4Press Complete Signup.
Funds will be available in the holding wallet which will need to be transferred to the futures trading wallet for each contract type.
- 1Click the Wallets icon in the left sidebar on the dashboard.
- 2Click Transfer on the currency of your choice.
- 3Enter the amount and trading pair.
- 4Choose the destination wallet, Single-Collateral or Multi-Collateral.
- 5Click Submit Transfer.
- 6You can add additional funds any time by navigating to the username dropdown and selecting 'Add Money'
Go back to the Trading page and use the Order Form panel to start trading.
For more information regarding transferring funds see our Support article.
Note: Demo environments have different maximum position sizes compared to the production platform. To see the maximum position size and margin requirements for the production platform, please see the margin schedule and maximum leverage article.