To export your trades or ledger history via API, follow these steps:
1. Generate an API key with the relevant permissions.
- Sign in to your Kraken account.
- Go to the Security > API page.
- Press the "Generate New Key" button.
- Select these key permissions:
3. Run the relevant API commands.
You can now easily run all the API commands from our API guide.
Relevant commands for account history include:
- AddExport (make an export request)
- ExportStatus (see if an export request is "processed" or still "queued")
- RetrieveExport (download a processed export)
- RemoveExport (delete export request)
Lets use the AddExport command to request:
Ledger history for 2018
./krakenapi.py AddExport description=MyLedgerHistory2018 report=ledgers starttm=1514764800 endtm=1546300799
Trades history for 2018
./krakenapi.py AddExport description=MyTradesHistory2018 report=trades starttm=1514764800 endtm=1546300799
Note: you need to use the UNIX timestamp for start and end times.
After successfully running the AddExport command, you can go to the History > Export page on Kraken.com to view your request's status, download it, or delete it.
Alternatively, you can complete these further actions by using the other API commands listed above.