Certain deposits, such as first time ACH purchases, debit or credit card purchases or digital wallet purchases will trigger a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal hold on the account, for security purposes.
There are two steps to consider when using Etana Custody to withdraw from your Kraken account to your bank account.
Step 1: Withdrawing funds from Kraken to your Etana Custody wallet (Linked Transfer)
- Confirm that you have already passed KYC verification with Etana Custody. Please refer to our main support article Etana Custody Sign-Up for guidance.
- Log in to your Kraken account and navigate to Funding > Withdrawal for the relevant currency. Add a withdrawal account by selecting Add Account.
- Enter an arbitrary name into the Description field. We suggest calling this account Etana Custody wallet. This name is arbitrary, so your choice of name will not impact your funding activities.
- Next add your full name into the Name field.
- Choose your Etana Custody account from the Bank Account dropdown menu and enter the amount you would like to withdraw.
- Select Confirm Withdrawal to finalize your withdrawal request.
Step 2: Withdrawing funds from your Etana Custody wallet to your bank account (Bank Wire)
- Sign into your Etana account.
- Make sure that you have registered your external bank account details under the Funding Accounts tab at Etana. This needs to be done for each currency you would like to use for funding purposes.
- Select your Etana account that you would like to withdraw funds from and choose Withdraw.
- Choose the Asset type that you would like to withdraw and the Destination bank account to which you want the funds sent.
- Input the amount you would like to withdraw and select Next.
- Double-check that your withdrawal information is correct and select Confirm.
Withdrawals from Etana to your bank account could take between 3-5 business days.
See the below screenshots for guidance.
Contact Etana Custody
As a separate entity with their own compliance policies, Kraken clients are encouraged to reach out to Etana support specialists with any questions or concerns relating to verification status, registration of bank accounts or bank wires.
We encourage clients to visit the Etana Custody FAQ support page and/or reach out to Etana Support team to address any concerns. Clients can contact Etana Support by navigating to your Discussions tab when signed into your Etana account or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help your withdrawal go smoothly, check the following:
- Make sure the withdrawal will not result in you exceeding your daily or monthly withdrawal limit. Refer to the value indicated as your "Maximum withdrawal."
- Refer to the Withdrawal minimum to make sure you have entered an amount greater than the allowable minimum.