IMPORTANT: The instructions below refer to initiating a deposit with any of the accepted fiat currencies (USD, EUR, CAD, GBP, JPY)
Deposits in local currency will automatically be converted to whichever currency is selected when initiating your deposit.
To deposit via bank transfer to your Kraken account:
- Check that your Kraken account is verified to Intermediate or Pro level and that you have onboarded successfully with Etana Custody.
- Confirm that you have registered your bank account details under the Bank Accounts tab at Etana. This needs to be done for each currency you would like to use.
- From within the Etana platform, navigate to Custody Wallet > Deposit and choose your desired currency/bank account from the dropdown Your Bank Account or Crypto Wallet.
- Choose To Venture Account and then select Kraken from the dropdown Deposit to Venture Account.
- Choose Kraken's default bank account from the dropdown Venture Bank Account or Crypto Wallet. This will be dependent on the chosen currency to be deposited earlier in the form.
- Input the amount that you would like to deposit and select "Deposit".
- Once you click the "Deposit" button, you will be given Deposit Protocol to download.
- Initiate a wire transfer from your bank's website (or in-branch) using the given instructions.
*Deposits from your bank to Etana Custody normally take between 3-5 business days
Note: If you would like to deposit funds already held in your Etana Custody Wallet, please navigate to Venture Wallet > Deposit.
See the below screenshots for guidance.
To help your deposit go smoothly, check the following:
- Deposit minimum: If Etana receives less than the minimum transferable amount, then your deposit will fail. We suggest sending AT LEAST the recommended amount to cover any wire fees that are applied to the deposit.
- Deposit limits: Make sure the deposit will not result in you exceeding your daily or monthly deposit limit. Refer to the value indicated as your "Maximum deposit."
- Duplicate deposit amounts: Make sure you don't send multiple deposits with the exact same amount within 72 hours of each other. This may result in delays as our system will flag them as possible duplicates. Please use slightly different amounts for each deposit.
Deviating from the wire instructions is not recommended and is done so at your own discretion.