As of January 20, 2020, all first-time fiat deposits will result in a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal lock on the account.
Deposits in local currency will automatically be converted to whichever currency is selected when initiating your deposit.
To deposit via bank transfer to your Kraken account:
- Check that your Kraken account is verified to Intermediate or Pro level and that you have onboarded successfully with Etana Custody.
- Confirm that you have registered your bank account details under the Bank Accounts tab at Etana. This needs to be done for each currency you would like to use.
- From within the Etana platform, navigate to Custody Wallet > Deposit and choose your registered bank account for your desired currency from the dropdown field: Your Bank Account or Crypto Wallet.
- Choose To Venture Account and then select Kraken from the dropdown Deposit to Venture Account.
- Please choose Kraken's default bank account from the dropdown Venture Bank Account or Crypto Wallet. This will be different depending on the chosen currency to be deposited earlier in the form. Clients depositing USD will need to choose between the International or Domestic options.
- Input the amount that you would like to deposit and select Deposit.
- Once you click the "Deposit" button, you will be given Deposit Protocol to download.
- Please take note of the Etana Reference Code that is created with your transaction, as you will be required to enter the Etana reference code or your bank's own reference number on the wire details.
- Initiate a wire transfer online with your bank's website or in-person at your bank's branch using the given deposit protocol.
*Deposits from your bank to Etana Custody normally take between 3-5 business days
Note: If you would like to deposit funds already held in your Etana Custody Wallet, please navigate to Venture Wallet > Deposit.
See the below screenshots for guidance.
Contact Etana Custody
As a separate entity with their own compliance policies, Kraken clients are encouraged to reach out to Etana support specialists with any questions or concerns relating to verification status, registration of bank accounts or bank wires.
We encourage clients to visit the Etana Custody FAQ support page and/or reach out to Etana Support team to address any concerns. Clients can contact Etana Support by navigating to your Discussions tab when logged into your Etana account or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help your deposit go smoothly, check the following:
- Deposit minimum: If Etana receives less than the minimum transferable amount, then your deposit will fail. We suggest sending AT LEAST the recommended amount to cover any wire fees that are applied to the deposit.
- Deposit limits: Make sure the deposit will not result in you exceeding your daily or monthly deposit limit. Refer to the value indicated as your "Maximum deposit."
- Duplicate deposit amounts: Make sure you don't send multiple deposits with the exact same amount within 72 hours of each other. This may result in delays as our system will flag them as possible duplicates. Please use slightly different amounts for each deposit.
Deviating from the wire instructions is not recommended and is done so at your own discretion.