All first-time fiat deposits will result in a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal hold on the account.
Deposits in local currency will automatically be converted to whichever currency is selected when initiating your deposit.
To deposit funds to your Kraken account (via bank wire):
- Confirm that you have a verified Etana Custody account.
- From within the Etana platform, navigate to Accounts > Deposit and choose your desired Asset type from the dropdown field.
- Input the amount and choose the approved External Source Account (registered bank account).
- Select Confirm.
- Double-check that all the information is correct for the External Account.
- Initiate a wire transfer at your online banking terminal or in-person at your bank's branch using the given deposit details. Please remember to reference the Beneficiary listed rather than your own name and include the Wire Notes on the wire.
*Deposits from your bank to Etana Custody normally take between 3-5 business days
See the below screenshots for guidance.
Contact Etana Custody
As a separate entity with their own compliance policies, Kraken clients are encouraged to reach out to Etana support specialists with any questions or concerns relating to verification status, registration of bank accounts or bank wires.
We encourage clients to visit the Etana Custody FAQ support page and/or reach out to Etana Support team to address any concerns. Clients can contact Etana Support by navigating to your Discussions tab when signed into your Etana account or by sending an email to email@example.com.
To help your deposit go smoothly, check the following:
- Deposit minimum: If Etana receives less than the minimum transferable amount, then your deposit will fail. We suggest sending AT LEAST the recommended amount to cover any wire fees that are applied to the deposit.
- Deposit limits: Make sure the deposit will not result in you exceeding your daily or monthly deposit limit. Refer to the value indicated as your "Maximum deposit."
- Duplicate deposit amounts: Make sure you don't send multiple deposits with the exact same amount within 72 hours of each other. This may result in delays as our system will flag them as possible duplicates. Please use slightly different amounts for each deposit.
Deviating from the wire instructions is not recommended and is done so at your own discretion.