First-time cash deposits
All first-time cash deposits will result in a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal hold on the account, for security purposes.
Deposits in local currency will automatically be converted to whichever currency is selected when initiating your deposit.
Depositing funds from your bank account to your Kraken account involves a two step deposit process with steps outlined below:
- Confirm that you have a verified Etana Custody account.
- From within the Etana platform, navigate to Accounts and choose your Etana Custody wallet account.
- Choose Deposit and then your desired Asset type from the dropdown field.
- Input the amount and choose the approved External Source Account under the Funding Accounts dropdown (this is the bank account that you registered in the Funding Accounts tab).
- Select Confirm.
- Double-check that all the information is correct for the external source Funding Account.
- Initiate a wire transfer at your online banking terminal or in-person at your bank's branch using the given deposit details. Please remember to reference the Beneficiary listed rather than your own name and include the Wire Notes on the wire.
Once the funds are credited to your Etana custody wallet, you must Transfer those funds to your linked account with Kraken (see second image below).
*Deposits from your bank to Etana Custody normally take between 3-5 business days
- Select your Etana Custody account from the Account dropdown and click Transfer.
- Choose the Asset you would like to transfer to Kraken.
- Choose your Etana Custody account that you would like to transfer FROM and the linked account with Kraken that you would like to transfer TO.
Input the amount you would like to transfer and select Confirm.
We encourage clients to visit the Etana Custody FAQ Support page or reach out to Etana Support team to address any concerns. Clients can contact Etana Support by navigating to your Discussions tab when signed into your Etana account or by sending an email to email@example.com.
To help your deposit go smoothly, check the following:
- Deposit minimum: If Etana receives less than the minimum transferable amount, then your deposit will fail. We suggest sending AT LEAST the recommended amount to cover any wire fees that are applied to the deposit.
- Deposit limits: Make sure the deposit will not result in you exceeding your daily or monthly deposit limit. Refer to the value indicated as your "Maximum deposit".
- Duplicate deposit amounts: Make sure you don't send multiple deposits with the exact same amount within 72 hours of each other. This may result in delays as our system will flag them as possible duplicates. Please use slightly different amounts for each deposit.
Deviating from the wire instructions is not recommended and is done so at your own discretion.