First-time cash deposits
All first-time cash deposits will result in a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal hold on the account, for security purposes.
Etana Custody is a custodial service that enables our clients to fund their Kraken accounts with seven major currencies: USD, EUR, CAD, GBP, AUD, CHF and JPY.
To use the Etana Custody funding method, clients need to create a separate profile at Etana Custody that connects to their Kraken account for the purposes of wiring funds. This allows clients to instantly send funds back and forth between their Etana and Kraken accounts.
*Wires sent in local currency will be converted (at current market rates) to the chosen base currency from above.
*FX conversion is also possible for balances held in Etana Custody wallets. Clients must reach out to Etana support for more information.
- Your Kraken account must be verified to the Intermediate or Pro level.
- Restrictions may exist for residents of countries included on the OFAC list. Eligible residents of certain countries may have an increased due diligence KYC process.
- Please note that the ability to use Etana Custody for funding purposes is dependent upon passing their separate KYC verification. Individuals and corporations will be required to provide relevant government-issued documentation during the onboarding process. This may also include proof of source of income and other financial documents.
- Confirm you have received notification that your account is activated for use with Etana Custody funding.
- From within your Kraken account, navigate to Funding > Deposit for the relevant currency.
- Select Etana Custody from dropdown of funding methods.
- Click the Take Me There button. This will redirect you to Etana Custody for onboarding.
- Provide KYC documents and complete verification with Etana Custody.
- Register your bank account with Etana under the External Accounts tab for each currency you plan to wire.
- Once you have been fully verified, you must navigate to Linked Accounts to connect your Kraken and Etana accounts.
- Initiate a wire deposit from within the Etana platform to your Etana custody wallet.
- Once the wire has been received by Etana, you will need to initiate a Transfer of funds to your linked Kraken account.
Note: Corporate clients will need to submit business formation documents and corporate onboarding forms to Etana. Individual and Corporate clients will be required to provide KYC documentation that may differ from that required for opening Kraken accounts. Please remember to use the full-name matching your government-issued ID.
When you wish to withdraw funds from Kraken, you will need to initiate the withdrawal transfer from within your Kraken account, to be sent to your Etana Custody account. From there, you can choose to keep your money in your Etana Custody account, or initiate a wire withdrawal to your bank account.
The fees shown on our Deposit Options page are what Etana charges for receiving deposits to your Etana account (sent from your bank account). The fees for sending withdrawals from your Etana account (to your bank account) are shown on our Withdrawal Options page.
Transfers of funds solely between Kraken and Etana accounts are free and near-instant.
Deposit & withdrawal minimums for wires between your bank and Etana have a $150 minimum or equivalent in other currencies to account for Etana's fees and any other wire fees that might be assessed by intermediary banks.
Deposit/withdrawal minimums between Kraken and Etana are $1 or equivalent in other currencies.
As a separate entity with their own compliance policies, Kraken clients are encouraged to reach out to Etana support specialists with any questions or concerns relating to verification status, registration of bank accounts or bank wires.
We encourage clients to visit the Etana Custody FAQ support page and reach out to Etana support team to address any concerns. For questions, please contact Etana Custody Support directly by navigating to the Support tab located in the top right of your Etana Custody account or by submitting a request using this link.