In order to trade on the Kraken Futures platform, you’ll need to transfer funds to your Futures Holding wallet. You can think of the Futures Holding wallet as a special part of your Kraken account that holds funds you wish to use to trade futures contracts. Its balance is separate and can only be used to trade futures contracts.
Transferring funds TO your Futures Holding wallet
To transfer funds to your Futures Holding wallet from your main Kraken spot wallet you have to do the following:
1. Navigate to the “Funding” tab.
2. Click the "Transfer"-button for the cryptocurrency you wish to transfer to Kraken Futures
3. Enter the amount you wish to transfer. Make sure it meets our minimums.
4. Click the “Review Transfer”-button and then the “Confirm Transfer”-button. Note: if you have 2FA for deposits and withdrawals enabled, you will have to enter your 2FA code to transfer funds to your Futures Wallet.
5. You’ll receive a notification at the bottom of the page to confirm that the transfer was successful. You can see a list of your past transfers on the ‘Wallets’ tab under 'Cross Exchange Transfers'.
6. Launch Futures from the Trade tab to see your funds in Kraken Futures.
7. The funds will have landed in your Holding wallet:
8. In order to open a position you’ll need to move funds to your Futures Trading wallet.
Transferring funds FROM your Futures Holding wallet
To transfer funds from your Futures Holding wallet back to your Kraken spot balance, you have to do the following:
1. Navigate to “Wallets” on the Futures interface and select “Withdraw” for the cryptocurrency you wish to transfer
2. Enter the amount you wish to transfer
3. Review the transfer and click "Withdraw to Kraken"
4. You will get a confirmation that the transfer was requested. Click “View status on Kraken” to see the transfer in your Spot Wallet
5. The funds will have landed in your Spot Wallet: