On January 17, 2019, we sent out an email to business accounts on our platform.
Company ownership information
The information we are requesting certification on is a regulatory requirement to utilize the services/platform we provide. We are cognizant of the impact this request has on you, our valued customer, and has been designed to be as streamlined as possible while meeting the requirements to provide you the greatest access to products and services possible.
The KYC Update form requests all information pertaining to this requirement. Please fill out the form as soon as possible.
As always, any sensitive information you provide to Kraken will be kept securely.
You may be exempt from providing the information if your company meets any of the following criteria (but you still need to fill out the first 5 sections of the form, through the section asking about the exemption criteria).
- Sole proprietorship;
- Unincorporated association or non-profit (e.g. youth sports league, girl/boy scout troops, etc);
- Registered with the SEC;
- Registered with the FTC;
- Public accounting firm under section 102 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act;
- A trust that has not been formed by a U.S. State filing;
- Registered public accounting firm;
- Publicly traded company on the New York, American, or Nasdaq Stock Exchanges. This includes any company majority owned (51% or greater) by the publicly traded entity;
- U.S. Federal or State regulated financial institution;
- Non-US financial institutions established in jurisdictions where the regulators maintain beneficial ownership information on such institutions;
- U.S. State registered insurance company;
- U.S. State government entity
- U.S. Federal or State government department or agency including any political subdivision;
- Financial market utility designated by the Financial stability Oversight Council under Title VIII of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010;
- Non-U.S. government department, agency, and political subdivision engaged in governmental rather than commercial activities;
- Pooled investment vehicle operated or advised by a regulated financial institution;
- A U.S. estate which exists without a Secretary of State or equivalent filing;
- U.S. State regulated insurance company;
- A Singapore entity listed as a public company on the Singapore Exchange;
- An EU company listed on an EEA regulated market
If you are not exempt, then you will need to prepare the following information to fill out the form.
- For any individuals that own 25% or more equity interest or shares of the corporate entity: Full name, date of birth, ID number (e.g. SSN or tax ID number), residential address, nationality, photo or certified copy of government ID, ownership percentage, and role in company
- For any individuals that maintain significant managerial control over the corporate entity (CEO, CFO, Owner, or equivalent position): Full name, date of birth, ID number (e.g. SSN or tax ID number), residential address, nationality, photo or certified copy of government ID, role in company
- If your corporate entity is owned by another corporate entity please detail the entity and ownership percentage: Corporate entity name, ownership percentage, identify owners of the corporate entity (as in 1 above)
If you have any questions about this announcement, please contact our support team.
Thank you for choosing Kraken, the trusted and secure digital assets exchange
The Kraken Team