An Account Recovery Photo is a picture of you, the account holder, holding your ID document and a note next to your face to allow for facial confirmation of the ID document.
Checklist for producing a proper Account Recovery Photo:
- The ID must be the same used for your Tier 3 verification (see Requirements for ID documents).
- The details on the ID must be readable. They cannot be blurry or out of focus.
- Must say: "For unlocking my Kraken account - I confirm that I am corresponding with firstname.lastname@example.org ticket [your ticket number], [current date], [your signature]"
- Must be handwritten, not typed.
- Must be in English.
- None of the text can be covered.
Pay close attention when writing the note! If even one word is different in the note, the photo may not be accepted.
Be aware that in certain situations we may request that you write something else on the handwritten note. Follow the instructions provided to you in your ticket closely.
- The ID shouldn't be taped or pinned to the note. Both the ID and note have to be held by hand.
- Hold the ID and handwritten note in your hand(s). Someone else can't hold the note for you.
- It's fine to hold both the handwritten note and the ID in the same hand.
- Your face, the ID, and the note all have to be clearly visible.
- Your fingers cannot cover any details on your ID or on the note.
- Your upper body and hands should be visible. Don't be a head sticking out from behind the note.
- You cannot wear sunglasses, a hat, or anything that obscures your facial features.
- Have your friend or family member take the photo.
- Take the photo during the daytime when the lighting is good.
- When it's dark outside and you're relying entirely on indoor lighting, it's harder for cameras to capture details.