This article is for clients using the Kraken interface (kraken.com)
Certain deposits, such as first time ACH purchases, debit or credit card purchases or digital wallet purchases will trigger a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal hold on the account, for security purposes.
For enhanced security, debit and credit card purchases using USD will experience the 72 hour lock discussed above on all purchases, not just your first purchase.
In order to withdraw cryptocurrencies from your Kraken account, you must first add and confirm the withdrawal address. Then, to withdraw, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Kraken account and click the Withdraw button on the home page.
- Ensure you are on the Withdraw tab in the new page.
- The first dropdown will be pre populated with your available crypto. If you wish to withdraw a different crypto, than the one shown, select the crypto you wish to withdraw from the dropdown.
- Once you have chosen the crypto you wish to withdraw, select a previously added withdrawal address.
If you do not yet have a withdrawal address for the chosen crypto, click the Add new withdrawal address button to add and confirm a new one.
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw or click the percentage of your account balance in that specific currency.
- Double check that all of the information is correct and then click Withdraw.
- If you are asked for an authenticator app code, then you have 2FA for funding enabled on your account and would need to use the 2FA you set up for funding (this is different from your Sign-in 2FA).
- If your withdrawal is successful, you will see a confirmation with your withdrawal details in the Recent transactions box as well as in the Transactions tab.
Note: You will not receive an email confirmation for the withdrawal. You can keep track of your withdrawal status by viewing your recent transactions in the Transactions tab.
You may receive an error message or not be able to withdraw for the following reasons:
- The amount is below the minimum withdrawal amount listed
- This amount cannot exceed your account balance
- Invalid Password / Permission Denied error
Always be careful when withdrawing cryptocurrencies:
- Once a withdrawal has been sent and marked as "Success" in your Kraken account, it is impossible to cancel or reverse the transaction.
- It is not possible to transfer cryptocurrencies to another Kraken account.
- Some cryptocurrencies can be sent via multiple different networks. Make sure you are sending through a network we support so that funds are not lost.
- Do not participate in an ICO or token sale directly from your Kraken account — the tokens received will be irretrievable.