To withdraw Canadian dollars (CAD) via a domestic EFT bank transfer to your Canadian bank account:
- Check that your account fulfills the requirements.
- Add a Canadian bank account to you Kraken account.
- Initiate a withdrawal.
To add a Canadian bank account for CAD withdrawals:
- Navigate to Funding > Withdraw > Canadian Dollar (CAD).
- Click “Add account”.
- Fill in your bank account information.
- Click “Save bank account”.
See the screenshots below for guidance.
Form fields explained:
- Description can be whatever you like so you can easily remember it.
- Name on account must match the name on your bank account and your Kraken account.
- Bank name is the name of the Canadian bank you want to withdraw to.
- Bank code is typically 3 digits.
- Transit number is typically 5 digits.
- Account number is typically 7 digits, but can be more.
If you need help finding these numbers, please see: How to look up your Canadian bank account information for CAD withdrawals.
Once you have added a CAD withdrawal bank account, you can initiate a new withdrawal by:
- Navigating back to Funding > Withdraw > Canadian Dollar (CAD).
- Selecting a bank account to withdraw to.
- Entering the amount of CAD to withdraw.
- Clicking "Review Withdrawal".
- Confirming the withdrawal.