IMPORTANT: SEND CANADIAN DOLLARS (CAD) ONLY. FUNDS SEND IN ANY OTHER CURRENCY (INCLUDING USD) WILL BE RETURNED IMMEDIATELY AND COULD RESULT IN ACCOUNT CLOSURE.
To deposit CAD via Canadian Dollars bank transfers to your Kraken account you have to first check that your account fulfills the requirements for access to this funding method.
To deposit navigate to Funding > Deposit > Canadian Dollars (CAD) on your account and then select the wire transfer option there.
To help your deposit go smoothly, check the following:
- The deposit reference is included in the message or reference field.
- The deposit will not result in you exceeding your daily or monthly deposit limit. To see your withdrawal limit, go to Funding > Deposit > CAD and note the value indicated as your "Maximum deposit.”
- The name on the bank account you are depositing from to matches the name on your Kraken account.
- You are not depositing from a third-party payments processor.
- You are not sending multiple deposits with the same amount within 3 business days of each other. This may result in delays as our system will flag them as possible duplicates. Please specify different amounts for each deposit.
- The amount of the deposit is above the minimum deposit amount of 100 CAD. If we receive less than our minimum, your deposit will fail.
- We recommend sending a minimum amount of 125 CAD in case any wire fees are applied to the deposit.
Please be aware that CAD deposits sent via any means other than wire transfer may be subject to additional processing time or may not arrive at all. Deviating from the wire instructions on your Kraken account is not recommended and is done so at your own discretion.