Note that SWIFT (SMBC) deposits were disabled at 11:59 PM (JST) on March 20, 2018. Any deposits not received by this time were returned to the sending bank.
To deposit EUR, USD or GBP via SWIFT international wire transfers to your Kraken account you have to first check that your account fulfils the requirements for access to this funding method.
When you have checked that your account fulfil the requirements you can navigate to Funding > Deposit > Euros (EUR) / US Dollar (USD) / Pound sterling (GBP) on your account. You will be shown bank account details and instructions for how to to initiate a SWIFT international wire transfer to our bank accounts. Follow the instructions carefully.
If you are not certain how to carry out a SWIFT international wire transfer from your bank account, please contact your bank for assistance.
To help your deposit go smoothly, check the following:
- The deposit reference is included in the message or reference field when sending the SWIFT international wire transfer from your bank account.
- The deposit will not result in you exceeding your daily or monthly deposit limit. To learn how to check your deposit limits click here.
- The name on the bank account you are depositing from matches the name on your Kraken account.
- You are not sending multiple deposits with the same amount within 3 business days of each other. This may result in delays as our system will flag them as possible duplicates. Please use different amounts for each deposit.
- The SWIFT international wire transfer is made in USD, EUR, or GBP. Deposits in other currencies will be returned and any fees charged for returning will be taken out of the transfer amount.