All first-time fiat deposits will result in a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal hold on the account.
To withdraw USD from within the US (domestic):
- Check that your account fulfills the requirements
- Sign into your account at https://www.kraken.com
- Navigate to ‘Funding’ at the top of the page
- Check ‘Show all assets’ or use the Search bar and type the asset you wish to withdraw.
- Find ‘US Dollar (USD)’ and select ‘Withdraw’
- Carefully follow the additional instructions
To help your withdrawal go smoothly, check the following:
- Account ownership: Make sure the name on the bank account matches the name on your Kraken account.
- Compatible account: Make sure that you are entering a FedWire account and FedWire routing numbers and not an ACH account and ACH routing numbers.
- Compatible bank: Make sure you are not withdrawing to a third-party payments processor.
- Withdrawal limits: Make sure the withdrawal will not result in you exceeding your USD daily or monthly withdrawal limits.
- If you are receiving a "Service Unavailable" error when adding a bank account, see this support article.
- If your withdrawal has failed or if you do not receive withdrawn funds within 3 business days, contact Kraken support.
- Our funding partner may request a USA passport in some cases, as well as limit funding transactions to only from within the USA.