To deposit USD from within the US (domestic):
- Navigate to the Funding > Deposit > US Dollars (USD) page.
- Accept the Domestic USD deposit Terms of Service (if not already accepted).
- Select the US domestic wire transfer option to copy your domestic USD deposit wire details.
- Send the wire transfer from your bank account. Exactly how this works depends on your bank, but essentially you provide the information shown on your Kraken deposit form to your bank, who will send the funds from your bank account to your domestic USD Kraken deposit account.
Example USD Deposit Wire Details:
Account Name: Legal Name your Kraken account is registered under
Address: 6070 Poplar Ave #100 Memphis, TN 38119
Routing Number: *********
Account Number: ********* (this will be unique to you)
Bank Name: Evolve Bank and Trust
Bank/Branch Address: 6070 Poplar Ave #100 Memphis, TN 38119
Save your wire domestic USD details. You can use your domestic USD deposit wire details as many times as you like to send domestic USD to your Kraken exchange account.
It is no longer necessary to create a deposit placeholder in your Kraken account before sending a domestic USD deposit.
Also, for domestic USD deposits, there is no need to add a USD bank account to your profile. But a bank account is required to be added to profile for domestic USD withdrawals.
Your sending bank account must still have a matching name along with being FedWire enabled, in order for the deposit to be successful.
To help your deposit go smoothly, check that:
- The deposit will not result in you exceeding your daily or monthly deposit limits.
- The transfer type is a wire transfer (using FedWire), and not an ACH transfer.
- The name on the bank account matches the name on your Kraken account.
- You are not wiring funds from a bank account with a third-party payments processor.
If you notice any unexpected delays in having funds credited to your Kraken account, see this support article.