To deposit USD from within the US (domestic):
- Check that your account fulfills the requirements.
- Navigate to the Funding > Deposit > US Dollars (USD) page.
- Accept the Domestic USD deposit Terms of Service (if not already accepted).
- Select the US domestic wire transfer option to copy your domestic USD deposit instructions.
- Send the funds from your bank account. Exactly how this works depends on your bank, but essentially you provide the information shown on your Kraken deposit form to your bank, who will send the funds from your bank account to your domestic USD Kraken deposit account.
Example USD Deposit Details:
Account Name: The verified legal name on your Kraken account
Address: 6070 Poplar Ave #100 Memphis, TN 38119
Routing Number: *********
Account Number: ********* (this will be unique to you)
Bank Name: Evolve Bank and Trust
Bank/Branch Address: 6070 Poplar Ave #100 Memphis, TN 38119
Save your domestic USD deposit details. You can use your domestic USD deposit details as many times as you like to send domestic USD to your Kraken exchange account.
It is no longer necessary to create a deposit placeholder in your Kraken account before sending a domestic USD deposit.
A bank account is required to be added to Kraken profile for USD withdrawals, but not for making USD deposits.
To help your deposit go smoothly, check the following:
- Account ownership: Make sure the name on the bank account matches the name on your Kraken account.
- Account type: It is best to deposit from your checking account as savings accounts have a limited amount of ACH transactions that are allowed to occur. Check with your bank if there are any of these limits on your savings account.
- Compatible bank: Make sure you are not depositing from a third-party payments processor.
- Deposit minimum: If we receive less than the 20 USD minimum, your deposit will fail.
- Deposit limits: Make sure the deposit will not result in you exceeding your USD daily or monthly deposit limits.
- Duplicate deposits: Make sure you don't send multiple deposits with the same exact amount within 3 business days of each other. This may result in delays as our system will flag them as possible duplicates. Please use slightly different amounts for each deposit.
- Transfer method: Confirm with your bank whether you are using a FedWire or an ACH transfer option.