To deposit USD from within the US (domestic):
- Navigate to the Funding > Deposit > US Dollars (USD) page.
- Accept the Domestic USD deposit Terms of Service (if not already accepted).
- Select the US domestic wire transfer option to copy your domestic USD deposit instructions.
- Send the funds from your bank account. Exactly how this works depends on your bank, but essentially you provide the information shown on your Kraken deposit form to your bank, who will send the funds from your bank account to your domestic USD Kraken deposit account.
Example USD Deposit Details:
Account Name: Legal Name your Kraken account is registered under
Address: 6070 Poplar Ave #100 Memphis, TN 38119
Routing Number: *********
Account Number: ********* (this will be unique to you)
Bank Name: Evolve Bank and Trust
Bank/Branch Address: 6070 Poplar Ave #100 Memphis, TN 38119
Save your domestic USD deposit details. You can use your domestic USD deposit details as many times as you like to send domestic USD to your Kraken exchange account.
It is no longer necessary to create a deposit placeholder in your Kraken account before sending a domestic USD deposit.
A bank account is required to be added to Kraken profile for USD withdrawals, but not for making USD deposits.
For deposits or withdrawals to be successful, the beneficiary name on the bank account must match the name on your Kraken account.
To help your deposit go smoothly, check that:
- The deposit will not result in you exceeding your USD daily or monthly deposit limits.
- Confirm with your bank whether you are using a FedWire or an ACH transfer option.
- The name on the bank account matches the name on your Kraken account.
- You are not wiring funds from a bank account with a third-party payments processor.
- It is preferred to deposit from your checking account as savings accounts have only a set amount of ACH transactions that are allowed to occur. Reach out to your bank to confirm if there are any of these limits on your savings account.