How can I deposit funds into my Kraken account?
Before you can buy or trade cryptocurrencies on Kraken, you'll need to deposit funds into your Kraken account using one of the below supported currencies. Select the local currency you would like to use to view specific deposit options. The most common method is via a bank transfer, from your bank account to Kraken, using a unique reference number.
Want to buy instantly?
If you have verified your account to Express (USA only), Intermediate or Pro level, depending on your country of residence, you may be able to use one of the below payment methods:
USD (US Dollar)
CAD (Canadian Dollar)
AUD (Australian Dollar)
GBP (Pound Sterling)
CHF (Swiss Franc)
JPY (Japanese Yen)
Important deposit information
- Deposits must match the same currency specified in the deposit option. For example, CAD funds should only be sent to CAD deposit options. Funds sent to deposit options that they do not belong to, may be returned and could result in charges.
- Deposit fees are what it costs Kraken to accept your deposit and do not include your bank's charges (if any) for sending a transfer.
- We cannot accept deposits from certain third-party payment processors.
- Verified residents in Canada can deposit with cash and debit cards using our In-Person provider.
- Please be mindful of banking holidays.
- This information can change without notice and is not always current. Please sign in to your Kraken account and navigate to the relevant funding page to see the most current information.
- Kraken does not currently support US domestic deposits via checks. Do not mail checks or deposit physical cash directly to any of our bank accounts or addresses. Any checks we receive will be destroyed.
Frequently asked questions
Why hasn't my deposit arrived yet?
Are there any other fees?
What are the deposit limits?
Why is my deposit being held?
The decimal and thousands separators shown in this article may differ from the formats displayed on our trading platforms. Review our article on how we use points and commas for more information.