You must have a Kraken account verified to Tier 3 and be a Canadian resident or citizen living outside of the US. To deposit CAD, go to Account > Funding > Deposit > CAD. There you will be provided with wire instructions for our CAD deposit account.
- The name on the bank account must match the name on your Kraken account.
- Make sure you don't go over the maximum deposit limit for your account. To see your deposit limit, go to Account > Funding > Deposit > CAD and note the value indicated as your "Maximum deposit" in the blue box on the right. Your maximum deposit amount is affected by deposits (and withdrawals) in any currency, not just CAD (i.e. bitcoin or USD deposits and withdrawals as well).
- Multiple deposits in the same amount made within 3 business days of each other may be delayed. If you make multiple deposits within 3 business days of each other, please send different amounts.
- You can trade as soon as the deposited funds clear, but please note that there will be a 24 hour withdraw hold on the deposited amount depending on what deposit method was used.
- While Kraken doesn't charge fees for CAD deposits, banks may charge additional fees which are out of our control.