To deposit USD as a non-US resident, go to Account > Funding > Deposit > USD SMBC (SWIFT). Then use the displayed information to fill out the deposit form with your bank. Please note that USD SWIFT deposits are only available at tier 3 verification and higher. If you are a resident of Germany or Japan, you have to be tier 3-verified with ID confirmation photo to deposit USD into your Kraken account.
To help your deposit go smoothly, please follow the information and guidelines below.
- Important: Make sure you don't go over your maximum deposit limit. To see your deposit limit, go to Account > Funding > Deposit > USD and note the value indicated as your "Maximum deposit."
- Important: The name on the bank account must match the name on your Kraken account.
- Make sure you include the given reference code since this is used to associate the deposit with your account. The reference code is your public account ID followed by "kraken.com." The best place to put the reference/ID code is in the "Reference" field of your deposit form. Just put the code by itself in the field. If you put any other words or numbers in the field, we may not get the complete reference code on our end.
- Multiple deposits in the same amount made within 3 business days of each other may be delayed. If you make multiple deposits within 3 business days of each other, please send different amounts.
- Please be aware that international SWIFT wires usually take 3-7 business days to arrive.
All clients, regardless of their country of residence, may deposit Tether and trade it for USD starting at Tier 1.