To deposit EUR, go to Account > Funding > Deposit > EUR. Then select the deposit type from the drop-down menu and use the displayed information to fill out the deposit form with your bank.
There are currently 3 deposits types:
- Fidor Bank AG SEPA
- Fidor Bank AG Wire Transfer and
- SMBC (SWIFT)
Clients in SEPA countries should use SEPA (Fidor Bank AG SEPA) for EUR payments since this is the fastest and most cost effective option for EUR.
Clients outside SEPA countries should use SMBC (SWIFT) but may also use (2), Fidor Bank AG Wire Transfer, in certain situations.
Please note that for most customers EUR deposits are only available at tier 2 verification and higher, with the exception of Germany and Japan. If you are a resident of Germany or Japan, you have to be tier 3-verified (with ID confirmation photo) to deposit EUR into your Kraken account.
To help your deposit go smoothly, please follow the guidelines below.
- Important: Make sure you don't go over your maximum deposit limit. To see your deposit limit, go to Account > Funding > Deposit > EUR and note the value indicated as your "Maximum deposit."
- Important: The name on the bank account must match the name on your Kraken account.
- Important: Make sure you include the given reference code since this is used to associate the deposit with your account. The reference code is your public account ID followed by "kraken.com." The best place to put the reference/ID code is in the "Reference" field of your deposit form. Just put the reference by itself in the field.
- Multiple deposits in the same amount made within 3 business days of each other may be delayed. If you make multiple deposits within 3 business days of each other, please send different amounts.
- Always convert to EUR before sending your deposit. Deposits sent in a currency other than EUR have to be converted to EUR en route and this is likely to cause delays, additional fees, and routing problems.