Here at Kraken, we provide a number of security features that can make your account more secure. We recommend that you secure your account in the following ways:
- Set up Two-factor Authentication (2FA).
- Set up a Master Key to require authentication for account recovery.
- Secure the email account registered to your Kraken account with a strong password and Two-factor Authentication (2FA).
- Lock your account settings with the Global Settings Lock to prevent withdrawal addresses from being added even if an attacker gains access to your account.
- If your email supports PGP signing and encryption, provide us with your PGP key to receive signed and encrypted email from us.
- Set up Two-factor Authentication (2FA) for deposits and withdrawals and/or trading (note that the Global Settings Lock must be set in order for these to be effective).
Beware of the following: