- Minimum length is 8 characters, maximum is 128.
- If the password is less than 25 characters long, it must contain one special character (e.g. !, @, #, $ etc.) and one number.
- If the password is less than 25 characters long, it cannot contain your username.
- If the password is less than 15 characters long, it cannot contain "common" words (e.g. common passwords or names).
- The best passwords are usually passphrases that are easy for you to remember, but hard for others to guess. Famous quotes should be avoided - the best passphrases are usually nonsensical phrases with a few misspelled words, capital letters, numbers, or special characters thrown in (e.g. "figurativ should3#3 Hula-sing" or something like that). We recommend using a password manager such as KeePass to keep your passwords safe from theft or forgetfulness.
Our guidelines are designed to help you create a secure password for the site.
- Cannot begin with "Kraken".
- Must be a minimum of 5 characters and a maximum 32 characters.
- Only letters, numbers, '-', '.', and '_' may be used.